Home network - media centre - advice required

dawsonc 08:26 28 May 07

I have cat 5 cabling througout the house. If I now want to store all DVDs, pictures, and music on the PC, but play them anywhere in the house, then as far as I know I need some sort of switching box, and a Media centre/set top box. Does anybody know if I need multiple media centres to play the files anywhere in the house, and how much is all of this kit likely to cost me. If iI need to search for these items online, what is the technical term for these bits of kit ?

ArrGee 10:33 28 May 07

Are you looking to play files independently in each room, i.e; play a DVD in the lounge whilst having a music file playing in the kitchen at the same time?

fitshase 10:57 28 May 07

I responded to your other thread (click here) as I didn't realise you had started a new one for this. My comments were:-

You could look at this:-

click here

They were at the Ideal Home Show (click here) and, talking to the guy on the stand, he said they come to your home and survey what equipment you currently have and what you would like to do.

They then supply anything you don't have, fit the equipment, set it up and then cover you with 2 years of support.

It sounds like you have most of the equipment so the cost will be lower.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5