Home Network IP Addressing

Craig.m 13:09 20 Oct 03

I have two PC's at home running XP Pro and linked by a Crossover cable with network cards.
I find that running the Kerio firewall (freebie) both PC's seem OK for a time (would have ZA on but couldn't config it to work with them both) after a time the access of the second (slave) PC seems to drop off for no apparent reason and also the primary PC cannot see the slave shares any more.

I have noticed that the slave IP address seems to change with regularity, could this be causing a problem and is there any way to allocate a fixed IP on the existing setup?

Craig

06keldt 13:12 20 Oct 03

Try changing the option for TCP/IP to 'specify an IP address.

Toz K

keith-236785 15:25 20 Oct 03

put ZA back on, on the firewall/main tab click the advanced button (bottom right).

click in "this computer is an ICS/NAT gateway, then in the box underneath, choose the ip address of your network card that is the connection to your network (not your internet connection ip address).

that should sort out the network.

good luck

ps i could only get mine to work by assigning my own ip addresses for the network cards on both computers (192.168.0.1 on the main compy & 192.168.0.2 on the client pc)

Craig.m 15:44 20 Oct 03

Thanks for those suggestions, will have a try and see if it works any better

Craig

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…