home network. different windows versions

rbee 22:25 23 Mar 04

About to upgrade to a current PC running XP. Like the idea of networking it with the one it is replacing, so that others can use (as suggested in latest issue!)

Old pc runs windows 98. Anyone know whether I am I likely to have problems with different OS particularly with using internet and printer attached through new machine

many thanks

AdeJ 23:14 23 Mar 04

provided you ensure the 98 PC has TCP/IP installed - the XP network wizard will also create a floppy that will set up the 98 PC for you...

Try click here and click here for tutorials and common problems

allstarhm 02:12 24 Mar 04

I have networked my win98 + 95 + XP, & didn';t experience any problem, although setting up a LAN on win98/95 would require a little bit more time & effort.
About ICS, u definately won't have any problem either u r going to use proxy or router.
But as for printer/scanner sharing, i'm not too sure about it, as my attempts has failed. So if anybody out there can solve this, do come in & help us...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…