(home) network ceased to work

Barrykneeshaw 23:09 PM 15 Oct 13

I am currently running 3 Windows 8 and 1 Windows 7 machines on a home network. Up until now I have been happily using iSpy to run webcams in various room (just the 2 cameras). I recently installed a replacement webcam and the Windows 7 machine has ceased to be accessible via iSpy and (and every time I open Skype I now get a BSoD!). Can anyone offer advice on how to cure this problem? In case it was the Homegroup I have left the Homegroup and rejoined it, that has made no difference. I have rebooted the router, no joy there either. Help!

Barrykneeshaw 02:37 AM 17 Oct 13

OK, I worked this out. Whilst I was playing with this I installed the full iSpy (over some time) on all 4 PCs. I should have deleted the iSpy main program (apart from iSpy server) from the 3 machines I was using as servers & only left the main program on the PC I was using to record onto and view from. I still haven't worked out why Skype caused one PC to BSoD so I just deleted Skype on the grounds that too many BSOD's ain't good... Consider this thread closed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Pro 4 review: Hands-on with the new generation of Surface

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Crowdfunding for world’s first 3D camera-computer found in 30 hours

2015 iMac release date rumours, specs, price & features: new 21in 4K Retina iMacs coming next week