(home) network ceased to work

Barrykneeshaw 23:09 PM 15 Oct 13
Answered

I am currently running 3 Windows 8 and 1 Windows 7 machines on a home network. Up until now I have been happily using iSpy to run webcams in various room (just the 2 cameras). I recently installed a replacement webcam and the Windows 7 machine has ceased to be accessible via iSpy and (and every time I open Skype I now get a BSoD!). Can anyone offer advice on how to cure this problem? In case it was the Homegroup I have left the Homegroup and rejoined it, that has made no difference. I have rebooted the router, no joy there either. Help!

Barrykneeshaw 02:37 AM 17 Oct 13
Answer

OK, I worked this out. Whilst I was playing with this I installed the full iSpy (over some time) on all 4 PCs. I should have deleted the iSpy main program (apart from iSpy server) from the 3 machines I was using as servers & only left the main program on the PC I was using to record onto and view from. I still haven't worked out why Skype caused one PC to BSoD so I just deleted Skype on the grounds that too many BSOD's ain't good... Consider this thread closed.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…