HOME NETWORK

belgarth_the_sorcerer 19:12 26 May 03

hi plz help me again
i got the p.c shop to set up a home network when i went to get my pc's the man showd me it working
now ive brought it home it wont work
the shared files are on one p.c but not on the other ive ran the network shareing wizard but still no joy
all i get is a p.c with a red x through it and a box saying A NETWORK CABLE IS UNPLUGGED??
ive checked all the connections all are in
WHATS WRONG
plz help
thanx

soy 19:19 26 May 03

Hi belgarth_the_sorcerer!

Check if you have any firewalls running. If you do, disable them.

Smiler 19:22 26 May 03

May sound daft but are both computers turned on. If so what operating system do you have. Double click on Network Neighbourhood in Win98 or My Network Places in WinXP to access the network computers or drives.

soy 19:22 26 May 03

PS. How is your Home network set up? is it via Hub/USB/Cross-over cable etc?

Turn off both PC's and make sure every cable to securely plugged in. Then turn on both PC's to see if that works.

recap 21:05 26 May 03

One little thing that you may have inadvertantly done, and that is, the network cabling side. Make sure you have not plugged the cable into the modem socket instead of the network one.

The Spires 21:07 26 May 03

belgarth_the_sorcerer - More input needed, more input from you.

belgarth_the_sorcerer 00:13 27 May 03

ok im running win xp
all cables checked and are ok
all firewalls are off (1 was on)
still no joy
im using a wire home network cable and its cross over
all im getting is NETWORK CABLE IS UNPLUGGED??
thanx again guys
more help plz

belgarth_the_sorcerer 00:20 27 May 03

by the way im connected to broadband

The Spires 12:27 27 May 03

Have you checked the internal Windows firewalls are off, then in control panel (with the cable connected) in Network Connections, run the Network Setup Wizard on Both Pc's, then reboot. To share drives rigt click on the drive you want to share in My Computer and go to the Sharing tab, tick the box(es).

recap 17:36 28 May 03

Are all adaptors working correctly?

Can you ping either computer?

AndySD 17:49 28 May 03

Network Cable unplugged .....either the cable is damaged one of the cards is damaged or loose or more often than not the network card drivers need reinstalling.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…