Home Network

lindarhead 00:17 18 Jan 08

Hello there, I'm new to the forum and would like to ask if anyone out there can help solve my problem.I've recently bought a laptop( wireless) which runs on Vista, and I already have a desktop which runs on XP Home.The desktop connects to the internet via a BT Home Hub which is wireless too.I've run the wizard to set up a home network and the desktop shows up on the network map on my laptop.I have file sharing etc turned on yet I cannot get the two computers to 'talk' to one another.I've tried from laptop but I get an error message to tell me that the laptop can't connect to the desktop.It tells me to check my spelling of the computer name, which is my name so I know that's okay,and or that they could be a problem with my network? I've looked at other suggestions on the help centre but none were any help.Can anyone throw any light on this please.

Many thanks...Linda

Strawballs 01:07 18 Jan 08

If you have any firewalls turn them off and try again and if it works then you will have to turn them back on and get them to allow traffic from your network.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…