Home network

Hey guys I was wondering if you could help me with my problem? I have got a PC and a Laptop both running windows XP and connected to the internet through a broadband router, The PC can see the laptop on the network and can access files on the laptop But the Laptop cant see the PC On the network, When I look in even viewer on the Laptop I get the following error msg " the name MSHOME :1d" could not be registered on the interface with IP address 192.168.0.3 The machine with the IP Address 192.168.0.2 did not allow the name to be claimed by this machine" I was wondering if this had anything to do with it??? Please help

Strawballs 12:29 01 Feb 06

Have you tried running the network wizard on the laptop in the control panel (not the wireless one)

Yes I have and both computers are set up the same on the network, Right now when I go into "my network places" and click on View workgroup computers I can see my PC But when I try to access it I get a msg "\\IAN-BEDROOM is not accessible No more connections can be made to this remote computer at this time because there are already as many connections as the computer can accept"

Strawballs 12:43 01 Feb 06

Sorry you will have to wait for someone more knowledgable than me because I have never seen that one before.

well gets even more confusing now!! I restarted the PC and tried to connect to it again from the laptop and a different error message came up "\IAN-BEDROOM is not accessible unable to impersonate using a named pipe until data has been read from that pipe"

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…