Home media streaming

iqs 18:59 27 Nov 09

Hi,

I have been thinking about setting up a wireless media streamer,but have a few questions please.

Currently I have a Netgear wpn824 wireless router,will this stream media content or must I but a dedicated media streamer,or an add-on device which connects to the Netgear?.

The device which is watching the streamed media,like a laptop,can this use the standard wireless connection to receive the media,or must it use a dedicated media card or adapter.

Last question,if the living room TV is not connected to a PC,can I but a device which just connects to the TV to receive the media,or must it be a wireless enabled PC.

Thank you

iqs 21:15 27 Nov 09

b.u.m.p

Woolwell 22:56 27 Nov 09

Old article click here

I have a Pinnacle system to view photos on my TV that are on my PC and connected wirelessly. It is supposed to work for video but I reckon you need good connection and N standard for that.

Woolwell 23:14 27 Nov 09

Should add it links to Windows Media Player. In theory it should be possible using my Nokia N85 connected to a TV and wirelessly linked to my PC.

woodchip 23:41 27 Nov 09

You just use a Router and as above Win Media Player What is most important is that you have a good download speed to watch anything in video with sound

iqs 10:28 28 Nov 09

Hi Woodwell and woodchip,thank you for the help and link,much appreciated.
Cheers

iqs 11:27 28 Nov 09

Hi,

I already have simple file and printing sharing enabled,which works.
But when I try to share my media,the other device is not listed.

Both PC's are running XP Media and WMP 11.The firewall on both machines are configured to allow access,but like I said the other PC is not listed in the Media Sharing-Share my media to box.

Any ideas please.

iqs 19:14 29 Nov 09

Been at it again trying to establish the connection,but still the same.Anything else I can try?.
Cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced