Home Internet connection for 2 computers

knobler 22:55 06 Nov 03

I've just bought another computer and want to know if it's possible for them to use the internet at the same time. What do I need and is it reliable. I don't want any wires etc. as it's not really feasable in my house.

Thanks!!!

Terrahawk 23:08 06 Nov 03

if you have a broadband connection you could opt for a wireless network which would allow you to access the internet on 2 computers at the same time if you have a dial up connection it would be to slow to make it practical. as for components and reliability i will have to leave that to some one else

to the top

Sam Witch 23:35 06 Nov 03

It all depends on what you currently have, operating systems and internet access etc, as terrahawk says if broadband then a wireless network, I am using a linksys router (?60) and a pcamcia wireless card for laptop (?35) it practically set itself up, no internet connection sharing, works well currently typing away upstairs with desktop off. If you have another desktop then a PCI wireless card. I saw a firm advertise a bundle router and card for ?75 all in. support from here is great if you need it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…