//some 3rd party need geo

Home Highway - USB - Windows XP Fax

Fruity69 20:58 08 May 03

Hi

My Windows XP Professional/USB Home Highway combination works well for Internet access. However, when using XP's in-built fax software I receive only one or two pages of a three page document. Sometimes a failure is reported, yet other time not!

I have downloaded and applied the latest Home Highway drivers but the result is exactly the same.

Any ideas?

jasg 21:22 08 May 03

Are you using the digital side to fax or are you using the analouge circuit?

jasg 21:22 08 May 03

Are you using the digital side to fax or are you using the analouge circuit?

Fruity69 09:13 09 May 03

I'm using the digital side - via the USB port. Also using the fax driver BT supply...listed as "(BTDA) Fax Modem"

jasg 17:59 09 May 03

Ok when i have had this problem it usually when i am being called by a analouge fax. It helped me to turn down the connection speed to class 2.

Fruity69 18:39 09 May 03

Great idea jasg. I don't know how to set the connection speed to class 2 though! The logical COM port which the fax is assigned to (COM4) is set to Bits/sec=9600, Data bits=8, Parity=None, Stop bits=1, Flow control=None.

Could the Flow control be the problem?

jasg 13:12 10 May 03

You are already running at slow analouge speed denoted by the bit/sec rate of 9600. Can you overwrite this? If so try increasing the speed (i know this is contary to previous advice but you are using the ISDN side of the highway) this means if your system is identifying itself as a isdn fax and the recieving sending fax is ISDN then it will expect a much higher bit rate then you are sending/recieving at. Also it might be worth a call to the BT highway helpdesk as i have found them very helpfull in the past, if you have not got the number let me know and i will try to dig it up for you.

Fruity69 18:47 11 May 03

I managed to get the speed set to 19200 but the result is just the same. In fact I have had a real session this afternoon trying various speed and flow control settings and reducing the buffers on the receive side - but all pretty hopeless.

I can't find that I've ever had the BT Highway Helpdesk number with any of the information they've given me. I'd very much appreciate it if you could dig it out for me. I'm indebted to you.

jasg 20:31 20 May 03

Sorry for the delay!!!!!! Been Away! Have looked every where for the number and cannot find it! If you ring 150 for Homehighway or 152 for Business highway i am sure they will put you through. Good LucK

jasg 20:58 20 May 03

Ok had a trawl through results below:

Highway : 0800 672397

If you are using the branded bt ISDN card Speed way there is a web site dedicated on

click here

Hope you get somewhere!

jasg 21:02 20 May 03

CORRECTION scrap the last message, just had an e-mail from bt and info as follows:

Highway Help Desk: 0800 917 1161

Highway Tech Support Web Site: click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…