home entertainment PC or home build

thefarquharson 22:37 22 Apr 04

hi all
i'm looking to buy a cube, shuttle or MSI mega. But the problem being as i have HIFI separates and i would like to have everything look the same. The shape of the above is not suited to my needs. SOO i was thinking of building my own PC for replacing the VIDEO player. Any advice for a motherboard, graphics card, slim case, etc would be appricated.

thanks

billyliv 00:42 23 Apr 04

Hi, I would like to help, but the options are virtually limitless. It all comes down to what you are prepared to spend. Building your own is rewarding, but, can cost a lot more than systems that are on offer. Cheers, Bill

byfordr 06:52 23 Apr 04

May be worth checking out Evesham (I think it was them) one of the companies had a typical high fi shaped box for sale, advertised in one of the magazines this month. I'll have a dig around and see if I could find it.

R

byfordr 13:57 23 Apr 04

£900 Evesham - E box
£1000 Hi grade

Look to be the same case, sort of hi-fi ish.

HTH

R

dieharder1 00:10 25 Apr 04

Had a look at the evesham and hi grade both look good machines, but cant see a way to upgrade them with a DVD recorder. Building my own seems to be the way to go i can buy 1 thing at a time till a have a complete system (wife wont notice the bank balance going down too quickly). But what

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…