Home entertainment PC links and advice please

Epirb406 18:06 18 Sep 04

Hi,

Am thinking about a living room PC for home entertainment and am looking for ideas.

I can't yet get digital TV so am only on the 5 channels at the moment.

I want to:

Listen to all my music collection which is on my main PC (Wireless network in house)

Watch DVDs

Record TV to hard disk.

Thinking about a MSI Mega 180 bare bones with an Athlon chip.

Needs to be quiet.

The real bulk of advice I need is interfacing this with existing analogue TV, speakers and Video recorder (have scart connectors on both)

Any ideas/ links anyone?

Epirb406 18:08 18 Sep 04

Double post, how about we use this on?

Cheers, epirb.

Noleg24 18:48 18 Sep 04

if it was me I would build a system that has a DVD drive with about 400GB HDD (2x 200) and also a recordable TV card. plus a creative sound card with 7.1 speaker capability cos with that you can sit the PC in the room...have your speakers dotted around you and you can connect your analogue TV and video to the back of the TV card... check click here you will see what I am talking about. and you can find wires that can make you connect TV and video to the PC...so you can watch you programs on the bigger picture and yes you can also get TV cards that allow Digital TV veiwing...check the site for more info...hope this hleps..

Noleg24 18:49 18 Sep 04

also check out click here for info on wires and adapaters for TV to PC and video etc...

Epirb406 19:12 18 Sep 04

like the look of click here but haven't looked at the price.

But would like more thoughts....?

Cheers, Epirb.

Epirb406 20:04 18 Sep 04

Anymore ideas?

Links?

Cheers, all, looking forward to responses, epirb.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…