home dvd to mpeg?

jay9614 14:24 29 Apr 08

hi, i have a home dvd(made from video tape) i want to convert it to mpeg so i can edit it easily and put it on the internet.
i have already tried converting all the vob files to mp4 using nero 7, but have had some problems with sound, playback, conversion to mpeg (origional conversion to mp4 was a mistake)

which files should i use when converting? i heard somewhere that i should use the ifo files, not vob
which files do i need to use?

the dvd contains two folders: VIDEO_RM and VIDEO_TS

VIDEO_RM contains: VIDEO_MN (DAT FILE) VIDEO_MN (IFO FILE) VIDEO_RM (BUP FILE) VIDEO_RM(DAT FILE) VIDEO_RM(IFO FILE)

VIDEO_TS contains: VIDEO_TS(BUP FILE) VIDEO_TS(DAT FILE) VIDEO_TS(VOB FILE) VTS_01_0(BUP FILE) VTS_01_0(IFO FILE) VTS_01_1(VOB FILE) VTS_01_2(VOB FILE) VTS_01_3(VOB FILE) VTS_01_4(VOB FILE) VTS_01_5(VOB FILE)

Terry Brown 10:29 30 Apr 08

Download VIDEOREDO click here(Free trial), Open the DVD and it will Run the DVD on your computer, Click on Save as Mpeg.
done.

The program is brilliant as I am in the process of transferring a lot of my Video Tapes to DVD, and is well worth buying.
Terry

jay9614 20:38 30 Apr 08

thanks, it works fine!

sherimarie1 07:50 17 Jul 08

Oh my gosh, I can't believe how AWESOME this software is. I just tried the trial and I'm going to buy the full version. I'm converting 20 year old highschool video for a reunion and this worked great. I can import it so easily into my Vegas software!!

Thank you!! Thank you!! And thanks for the post with the info on how to get to the site!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac