Holiday Security

rawprawn 17:41 20 Sep 09

What precautions do you take when you go on holiday for a couple of weeks?
We all must do our best to ensure our sensitive data is protected.
I am going to Corfu tomorrow (5.30am) And have locked down as far as I can my computer.
I would be interseted to know how others protect their data.
(Laptop, attached by security wire)what about software entry?

bremner 17:45 20 Sep 09

Anything that could be described as sensitive is within a Truecrypt container with a long passphrase.

Anyone can steal my desktops or laptops and my data is as secure as I can make it.

GANDALF <|:-)> 18:00 20 Sep 09

I am not important enough to have any 'sensitive' data.

rawprawn 18:24 20 Sep 09

You don't have a bank account then? or several passwords which let you enter private sites?

rawprawn 18:27 20 Sep 09

I use Hide Folders, you can then use something like Truecrypt on top. I use AXcrypt

bremner 19:51 20 Sep 09

It is not a question of importance but common sense to me.

I have many usernames and passwords for sites on which I make purchases etc, I personally would rather keep those personal.

It is rash to use the same for all sites so with many combinations to remember I prefer to keep a record. I now need to remember one passphrase only.

GANDALF <|:-)> 20:04 20 Sep 09

To access my bank/build. soc. accounts you would need to know a memorable word for each one that is not written down anywhere. Passwords for these sites are written down but in a way that only I can understand.
Like I wrote earlier, I am not important enough to have 'sensitive' data and the only 'private' sites I visit are this one, Ebay and a handful of others whose passwords I can easily remember.

G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…