Holiday Security

rawprawn 17:41 20 Sep 09

What precautions do you take when you go on holiday for a couple of weeks?
We all must do our best to ensure our sensitive data is protected.
I am going to Corfu tomorrow (5.30am) And have locked down as far as I can my computer.
I would be interseted to know how others protect their data.
(Laptop, attached by security wire)what about software entry?

bremner 17:45 20 Sep 09

Anything that could be described as sensitive is within a Truecrypt container with a long passphrase.

Anyone can steal my desktops or laptops and my data is as secure as I can make it.

GANDALF <|:-)> 18:00 20 Sep 09

I am not important enough to have any 'sensitive' data.

rawprawn 18:24 20 Sep 09

You don't have a bank account then? or several passwords which let you enter private sites?

rawprawn 18:27 20 Sep 09

I use Hide Folders, you can then use something like Truecrypt on top. I use AXcrypt

bremner 19:51 20 Sep 09

It is not a question of importance but common sense to me.

I have many usernames and passwords for sites on which I make purchases etc, I personally would rather keep those personal.

It is rash to use the same for all sites so with many combinations to remember I prefer to keep a record. I now need to remember one passphrase only.

GANDALF <|:-)> 20:04 20 Sep 09

To access my bank/build. soc. accounts you would need to know a memorable word for each one that is not written down anywhere. Passwords for these sites are written down but in a way that only I can understand.
Like I wrote earlier, I am not important enough to have 'sensitive' data and the only 'private' sites I visit are this one, Ebay and a handful of others whose passwords I can easily remember.

G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant