Hole - Again

Foz1961 15:54 18 Sep 03

I am still getteing the error message HOLE has encountered a problem and will have to close after start up, when the desk top appears. I have tried ad-aware complete with the latest upgrade and removed lots of stuff!! some even refering to hole, however the error message still appears. the only way to stop it seems to be disabling iedll.exe in the start up menu.

Any other ideas, cause it is doin my head in!!

johnbhoy 16:04 18 Sep 03

Foz1961 Try this URL click here

The last post gives you a website where you can download a tool to remove IEDll.exe.

Doing a search using uk.yahoo.com gives quite a few different threads on IEDLL.exe, not sure if you want to read them.

Foz1961 19:05 18 Sep 03

Chegs ® 19:29 18 Sep 03

: Sandra's site says that iedll.exe is a BHO (browser helper object) and so should be removed with the help of the following free utility, a browser hijack blaster:

click here

let me know if more help is needed...

Foz1961 20:40 18 Sep 03

tried this, doesn't appear to have made a difference. so far i have reinstalled xp, aol, virus checked it with norton, ad awared it and now browesr hijacked it!!

the only thing that seems to stop it is disabling it in the start up menu

VoG II 20:44 18 Sep 03

Spybot? click here

Foz1961 21:18 18 Sep 03

tried spybot, got rid of several things, but my message keeps appearing. don't know what to do now. think i will just have to disable iedll.exe

VoG II 21:24 18 Sep 03

Try a search on Google for iedll.exe

Here's one example

click here

VoG II 21:33 18 Sep 03

Further research show this classed as a trojan. Try click here and/or click here

Foz1961 18:27 24 Sep 03

Appologies to all who have contributed for not replying sooner, i have been away, however i have tried all the above and i still get the message. it would appeard that my iedll.exe application was ammended on 15/09, but by what i have no idea, this would be about the time the prob started.
what does iedll.exe do and can i just remove it, beacuse it would appear to be the only way to get rid of it

Jester2K II 18:35 24 Sep 03

Delete it. Get the latest version of HijackThis. click here

Run Hijack This.

Hit the Scan Button

Find the entry in the registry that calls it on start up and the file itself.

Tick both of them and hit the fix button.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Battlefield 1 review: Destructive environments, phenomenal graphics and an emotional campaign make…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Microsoft HoloLens hands-on review

How to use System Preferences in macOS Sierra (and Mac OS X): Complete guide to personalising the…