hoe network

chippy+ 00:44 07 Jul 08

hi i have 4 pc's conneced by a home network i dont'n kow if it is the network or that i have installed sp3 but the pc's are taking lnger to load i only have 3 items loading at startup can anyone help all four are the same (slow startup)
thanks Chippy

ambra4 01:58 07 Jul 08

Do a registry clean up and a defrag of the hard drive try this program

click here

birdface 05:22 07 Jul 08

Yes like ambra4 says I would try the defrag first.

chippy+ 17:04 07 Jul 08

hi ambra4 and buteman thanks for the reply i have tried various registry cleaners and i always spend time clearing out old files and defraging the problem is the startup of all 4 pcs seems to have slowed it seems to be something with the network ,the pcs are all working fine as regards to connections.sorry about the delay in replying
thanks again Chippy

birdface 17:14 07 Jul 08

Usually with SP3 the computer would work a little bit quicker,You could try this speed test,The Virgin Engineer used it when he was on my computer.click here

birdface 17:39 07 Jul 08

Have you updated to AVG8 recently.I find my computer just a bit slower at start up since downloading it.

chippy+ 20:08 07 Jul 08

hi buteman no i don't use avg just for the reason yo u say i allready checked download spead which i know virgin are cutting at peak times but i didn't think that would affect pc startup times thanks Chippy

birdface 20:25 07 Jul 08

With Virgin myself and find my start up is a bit slower than normal.I was assuming it was an AVG problem but maybe an SP3 problem.I find sometimes its a bit slow opening some pages and the odd one it does not open.But I have read that it is probably an ISP problem.A bit low on memory so I expect problems like that.

chippy+ 20:34 07 Jul 08

hi butemanjust to clrify my 4 pcs range from 2.200sempron with 2gig memory to 4.200 with 2gig memory but still slow startup with home network
cheers Chippy

birdface 14:06 08 Jul 08

click here you could try that and see if they are doing any repairs in your area.I know nothing about routers so can't help if you are using one of those.Only other thing that I can think of is maybe an MTU problem .But you may have to get someone else to show you how to use it properly.click here .

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced