Hmmm, unusual!

AcidBurn7uk 18:03 23 Mar 04

OK, for starters I know this really should go in the WebDesign forum but responses always take ages in there and I'm hoping to get my site live at the weekend! The problem I have is on my site I have My logo, top center, then below that, 3 columns. In each of these columns, left to right, I have menu1 | iFrame | menu2, simple enough. All works great in IE6 on win XP but I thought that just for the sakes of it I best try some different browsers, so I downloaded Netscape, Firefox and Opera! This is where the fun begins. In Opera and Firefox the iFrame's heigh is wrong, in fact it's only about 150-200pixels high!! But in Netscape it just look like a black line approx 4pixels thick! The widths are correct in all 3 of the alternative browsers aswell as in IE. If it helps, I can open up port 80 so some of you can see what I mean.
Please respond ASAP, as I do hope to have the site live at the weekend.

Thanks in advance, J

AcidBurn7uk 00:26 24 Mar 04

bump

Forum Editor 00:42 24 Mar 04

it should be in WebDesign, and I've moved it here. Responses don't always take ages in here, and you're far more likely to get the answer you want.

Offering to open ports in a public web forum is a very rash thing to do, and it's not necessary. Just publish a url so that we can take a look at the code behind your page - I'm sure that one of us will come up with some suggestions. My first piece of advice, even without seeing the page, is to ditch the use of frames entirely. You'll have no end of problems, and tables are far more versatile.

Sir Radfordin 00:59 24 Mar 04

As FE says post a URL and we'll look at it - you'll get a response here from someone. I'd much rather have a quality response from someone in the WebDesign Forum than 100 random posts you may get elsewhere.

Opening up port 80 on your machine has its risk but if you want to do it go ahead and give us a link. Don't expect everyone just to 'look' though as there will be some who see it as a chance for fun.

Without seeing the code behind your site it will be very hard to see why it isn't doing what you expect. The sooner we can see it the sooner we can help!

AcidBurn7uk 11:52 24 Mar 04

Ok Thanks guys, I will take the risk of opening it up because I won't be able to sort my hosting/domain out untill Friday (Payday) so here is the link to my machine
click here
Please let me know if this works as I am also currently testing a beta version of SP2 for win XP and am using the 'New and improved' firewall!! yeah right!

Also I will leave my machin on while I am out (needs to be, its the gatway for the network and I still ain't bought a router!) so It will be accesable, If yo can't get though (IE the firwall won't let you) post here and I will fix it sometime after 21:30 (9:30) when I get in from work!

Also, I am using php/mySQL calling .tpl pages so all you will see is the raw HTML output, I assume!!

AcidBurn7uk 11:27 19 Apr 04

I have taken the advice about using tables (although someweeks later) and now redesigning the site using tables and templates!! I am putting all my effort into the new site. I am rethinking graphics, layout, code etc.

Forum Editor 07:20 20 Apr 04

a proper url when you have the site online, so we can take a look.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…