Hmmm. Anybody else have this problem.

AcidBurn7uk 19:12 29 Apr 04

I have just been to check my hotmail account for the rare e-Mail I recieve there and it comes up the message:

Web Browser Software Limitations

Your Current Software Will Limit Your Ability to Use Hotmail

You are using a web browser that Hotmail does not support. If you continue to use your current browser software we cannot guarantee that Hotmail will work correctly for you.

We recommend that you upgrade your web browsing software and invite you to download Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.

-----------------------------------------------
This has never happened before, even when using browsers such as Netscape so I am kind of confused. If I click the download Internet Explorer button that takes me to the M$ site, and clicking continue using hotmail allows me to use the service with no I'll effects!!
Norton AV shows up as my system being clean, and no spyware/adware using Bazooka. I am running XP home with all updates, including SP1 for IE6.

Any ideas anybody.

wee eddie 21:07 29 Apr 04

I have just been dragged, kicking and screaming, into the combined fold and am no longer getting my hotmail delivered to my accounts.

But no fancy message!

AcidBurn7uk 21:59 29 Apr 04

My ISP is acrually NTL. Although I did misinterperet your reply and have just un-installed yahoo messenger, but to no avail!!

Anymore Ideas please.

Valvegrid 22:07 29 Apr 04

That's strange, I'm using NTL with Mozilla Firefox and checked one of my Hotmail accounts, it went in with no problem. Have you checked your internet settings to make sure the security isn't set too high, also JavaScript must be enabled, but I suspect you've already checked that.

AcidBurn7uk 23:07 29 Apr 04

Almost correct. After first discovering the problem, the first thing I done was delete cookies/offline contents/history, revert the security settings to default. I have then jsut made sure that JavaScript is enabled by succesfully running a small "Hello World" script on my WebServer. I will download firefox tomorrow and see if this works.

From what I can makeout, It seems that IE isn't identifying itself properly!

I use NTL and have also installed Mozilla Firefox ,Internet explorer and also Avant browser and in all cases I can access my Hotmail account with no problem at all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…