Hlp am I Hijacked

critt 19:53 27 Feb 08

Hi,
When I open IE 7 or Mozilla Firefox, exta web pages ar being added by what I suspect to be a hijack software.
I've two teenage sons so it may well have been downloaded by mistake.
Three extra pages have appeared at the bottom while writing this.
I've run Lavasoft ad aware SE, reg cure, I have also downloaded spybot seek and destroy, this seems to find it but asks each time nd when denied I end up wth loads of empty connot display web pages.
Any help advice greatly appreciated.
Gary
PS sorryif it's been asked before, I did search.

peter99co 19:57 27 Feb 08

Restore to earlier time?

RobCharles1981 19:59 27 Feb 08

click here

Download A-Squared and Super Antispyware update them both and run them in safe mode.

critt 20:34 27 Feb 08

Hi,
Tried restoring to an earlier time using system restore but it failed several times.

Sorry to be a bit thick Rob, I'm ok to download and update, run in safe mode? Sorry can you explain how please.

Critt

RobCharles1981 20:38 27 Feb 08

Hi,

When you either boot up or you restart your computer sometimes tapping the F8 Button with bring a list of Boot Options use the arrow key to select safemode.

good luck

critt 20:44 27 Feb 08

Hi Rob,
Thanks, I googled it just before our reply.
Will post to et you know how I got on.
Cheers
Critt

critt 00:12 28 Feb 08

Hi,
It took about three hours in total, but it looks to have done the trick, no extra pages opening.
Can't tell you how gratefull I am for all the help.

Critt

RobCharles1981 00:17 28 Feb 08

A Pleasure thats what we are here for. :-)

critt 17:18 04 Mar 08

Hi,
I thought all my problems were cured, but they are all back.
I tried what Rob suggested again, but had a thought of my own, and turned system restore off first this has made no difference and I still get these extra pages.
A couple of URLs I've noticed are
click here and click here.
I have googled these and there seems to be loads of people with the same problem.
One thing I have noticed is the first time I log on, Google comes up with no tool bars and I don't seem to get hit, but if I exit then open again all the tool bars are there and the unwanted adds start again.
Looking at the googled answers I know this may turn out to be a lengthy process, Hijak this logs etc, if you feel you can help please be patient my competency on the computer may mean I need a little more guidance than most.
Thanks in advance.
Gary

critt 17:35 04 Mar 08

Sorry, the URL's came out as click here, they were.
celldorado com
pc on internet com
Gary

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…