HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT contains un-deletable registry a

Silly Me 16:27 30 Nov 09

I'm running Vista and have (I thought) recently got rid of a back door trojan virus by deleting startup items which had N/A as their title. Seems to have done the trick, but when I ran Malwarebytes Anti-Malware prog scan, I still appear to have on file in a folder under software entitles 'Cerebrus'. The remaining file is called (Default) REG SZ. Every time I delete the folder, it re-names itself 'Classes' and the aforementioned file cannot be removed. If I try to find the folder in Explorer it doesn't show up. Any ideas?

User-1229748 16:38 30 Nov 09

try folder options-view and enable hidden files and folders.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:38 30 Nov 09

Back up the registry before making any changes.

Find the undeletable keys using regedit, select the folder on the left window pane.

Right click the folder and scroll down to select “Permissions”.
In the section marked “Permissions for Administrators” make sure that under “Full Control” that the “allow “tick box is ticked, click OK.

With the folder still highlighted, right click on the folder and select delete or just press the delete key on your keyboard to remove the entry for good.

johndrew 16:46 30 Nov 09

This isn`t a trojan I recognise but that doesn`t mean a lot!!

You may need to start in Safe Mode and delete your System Restore before running the anti-malware software as the trojan could be running.

Failing that you could use House Call - it`s free - click here but you must run it in IE as it wont run elsewhere.

Or download Trend Micro Damage Cleanup Engine click here and Pattern File click here and run that.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…