HJT log that isn't spyware related

CurlyWhirly 16:45 05 Jun 05

I know that my PC is clean but while browsing through my log I noticed a couple of entries that I couldn't understand.
I noticed that 2 services have no owner.
How is that as I am the Administrator of my own PC?

O23 - Service: ATI Smart - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ati2sgag.exe

O23 - Service: McAfee.com McShield (McShield) - Unknown owner - c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcshield.exe

Any ideas anyone?

VoG II 16:49 05 Jun 05

mcshield.exe - McAfee anti-virus resident shield.

click here

I don't know why they are listed as No Owner.

VoG II 16:53 05 Jun 05

My mcshield.exe is also labelled as - Unknown owner - I think that this refers to the software provider, not our PCs. Compare the other entries and see e.g.

O23 - Service: Iomega Activity Disk2 - Iomega Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\Iomega\System32\ActivityDisk.exe

in that case, - Iomega Corporation -

CurlyWhirly 16:55 05 Jun 05

Cheers VoG™ - I guessed that the entry you highlighted was something to do with my graphics card as I have a X800 which is manufactured by ATI.
It's no big deal really but I was just curious as to how it says 'No owner' as I would have thought that someone's name would be listed like the Administrator of the PC.

The only thing that I can come up with is that when these programs were installed I must have selected the option 'for all users on this computer' as opposed to 'Only for my use' as I am the sole user of my PC.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…