Hjacked Homepage

denpete 07:18 22 Apr 04

Every day, at least once a day, my homepage is 'hijacked' by the following URL:-

mk:@MSITStore:C:\WINDOWS\start.chm::/spad.html

This occcurs despite using Adaware, SureClean, resetting my homepage and clearing web site history. Does anyone know how to cure this problem permanently?

denpete 07:20 22 Apr 04

I should add that my OS is Windows XP Home Edition.

Gongoozler 07:23 22 Apr 04

Try this one click here

LeadingMNMs 07:25 22 Apr 04

Not a cure as such but using a browser offer than Internet Explorer is likely to stop it. Most code that does this is written to take advantage of security 'holes' in IE and so will not work on most other browsers. For some recommendations on other browsers click here

Gongoozler 07:44 22 Apr 04

A further search reveals that this nasty is emailing information about your computer to mk:@msitstore. I have found a few sites with discussions about it, e.g. click here, click here, click here.

I think that if you run an updated AdAware click here, Spybot S&D click here, and HijackThis click here, hopefully one of them will have caught up with this spyware.

muppetmark 08:31 22 Apr 04

get Hijackthis from the link in previous post, then post your log click here
(unfortunately Hijackthis logs get rather mangled in here) we can help fix this persistent beggar.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…