//some 3rd party need geo

HIT COUNTERS.. where to get how to work... thnx

Craigmave 19:15 18 Feb 04

Hi, please can someone tell me how to get a hit counter into my web page and how to get them to work. I have tried to use ms front page but it doesnt work when i click preview in web. I know that there is more to it than that, but what. Cheers.

Forum Editor 19:21 18 Feb 04

until the site is published to a server which has the necessary FrontPage extensions installed. You can install and run these extensions on your own Personal web server on your computer if you like - otherwise just publish the site to your host's server and all will be well.

Craigmave 19:22 18 Feb 04

hi there, thanks for your quick reply. I am not publishing my site in front page i am uploading through an ftp. Can you tell me where i can get hit counter from ?

Forum Editor 19:29 18 Feb 04

why aren't you publishing it from the software? It's extremely easy to do, and FP will make sure that all the necessary files end up in the right places on the server.

If you want to circumvent the FP extensions for some reason you can choose from thousands of them - here you go:-

click here

Craigmave 19:35 18 Feb 04

ok, well i will consider publishing in fp then. Just say that i wanted to delete my web page and start new, would the new one just wipe over te old one when publishing again ?

Craigmave 20:02 18 Feb 04

i dont have the fp extensions installed on my web space so that counts publisihing in fp out. I have tried it but i get an error message. Cheers Forum Editor for all your help.

Sheila-214876 15:45 22 Feb 04

As has been said in many previous postings "Hit Counters" serve no useful purpose. Why would you want one?

Sheila-214876 15:46 22 Feb 04

Sorry, meant to add that if you really want a hit counter try here click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…