History won't delete in IE6

Fateful Shadow 15:38 18 May 03

I've just tried to delete my history. I've been to the options setting, click on delete files, delete cookies, then clear history, but if you click on the history button it still remains.
I've also tried right clicking and clicking delete. The list dissapears, but if you go to view by date, they all re-appear.
Does anybody know why this happens?

P.S. I've set my "Pages to be kept in history" days to '0'. Does this mean that if I log on the next day they will dissapear?

Thanks

Lú-tzé 15:52 18 May 03

Have you tried rebooting after deleting your history and then checking if it is still there?

Incidently, if using WinME / XP, you will have all your history in any restore points made at a particular time.

Gongoozler 15:58 18 May 03

These utilities claim to clear your history files:

click here

click here (not for XP

and

click here (only for XP)

-pops- 16:00 18 May 03

Here's another one click here

Brian

BurrWalnut 16:24 18 May 03

If none of the above posts work, try this, IE, Tools, Internet Options, General Tab and at the bottom set the number of days to zero.

BurrWalnut 16:28 18 May 03

Fateful Shadow

Sorry about my stupid reply, I've just reread your post. Yes they will disappear.

powerless 16:34 18 May 03

Are you sure that what you are seeing in the HISTORY isnt webpages that you have visted after you have hit the delete history?

You could aslo delete the contents in the folder.

Navigate to this:

C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR NAME HERE\Local Settings\History

Click on one item, then...

Ctrl - A

Delete.

Yes.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…