History of visited websites

Siddhartha 11:09 15 Feb 05

When I clear History, all of the websites I have visited clear from the address drop down menu - except one! The only way I can clear it is to turn off autocomplete - a feature I would like to keep. Have I been got at by a piece of malicious software? Can anyone suggest a way of removing the one site left?
Thanks

Jackcoms 11:19 15 Feb 05

Yes, this will clear it and a lot more crap as well click here

Siddhartha 11:34 15 Feb 05

Thank Jackcoms looks a useful little utility - unfortunately it has not cleared the one site.

VoG II 11:36 15 Feb 05

Try CleanUp! click here and let it reboot when it has finished scanning.

Siddhartha 19:53 16 Feb 05

Thanks VoG but it's still there! What a pain. I think the web urls are kept in a file called index.dat. Does anyone know if it is safe to find this file and delete it (I have heard that windows creates some files everytime it starts up - does anyone know if this is one of those files?)

VoG II 19:58 16 Feb 05

CleanUp! should have deleted Index.dat following the restart.

Here is how to do this manually click here

If that doesn't work (remove that website address) I think that you may have something undesirable on there.

Siddhartha 17:30 18 Feb 05

Thank VoG this has worked. Incidently, I have tried to reproduce the error several times and I can't - computers!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…