History gone from Internet Explorer

coy 07:27 11 Jan 03
  coy 07:27 11 Jan 03

Internet explorer is no longer displaying anything in the history pane, just the titles for last week, mon, tues etc. I have Xp with service pack 1. removing service pack 1 did not resolve the issue and neither did a repair from XP disc.

Pauper 10:06 11 Jan 03

Under Tool/Internet Options, how many days do you have selected for it to keep the history for?

Pauper 17:30 11 Jan 03

Recieved by e-mail- "History is set for 10days", Coy you should post your replies directly to your thread rather than e-mail them as this allows everyone to see the progress and offer solutions and sugestions as appropriate. I can find nothing which really points to a specific problem, so instead of trying to repair IE, you could try removing and reinstaling it. Also check that you have no security software etc which will delete these files automatically.

VoG™ 17:33 11 Jan 03

You could try a repair of IE click here

coy 00:59 12 Jan 03

I have already tried method one on the microsoft website of reinstalling ie6 from XP CD and have tried installing ie6 from another CD without success.I'll try 2nd option from wesite involving the regestry keyHKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components\{89820200-ECBD-11cf-8B85-00AA005B4383}
to remove ie6 and then install from website.
Thanks for your help so far.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…