History button won't show all sites visited

Blessed 04:05 17 May 04

When I click the History button on IE6 it only show the sites I visited that day. It has an icon that look like a calendar with Today beside it. I went to Tools-Internet Options-Genteral-History and it still show in *Days to keep in history 3". What do I need to change so it will show my past three days.

keith-236785 06:44 17 May 04

check in tools/internet options/advanced (winxp) or view/internet options/advanced (win98)

scroll to the bottom and make sure the tick is removed from "empty temporary internet files folder when browser is closed"

see if that helps

if you have power tools or tweak xp/98 then it might be something to do with the settings on there.

Stuartli 11:03 17 May 04

In IE's Tools>Internet Options>General tab, you should set History to retain your URL history for at least seven days.

You have got it set for automatic clearance after three days so you won't get a Folder marked Last Week - this would normally include your previous three days.

I keep my figure set at 21 days and therefore can search back for three weeks via three folders.

Temporary Internet Files is not the same thing. It's a cache to speed up surfing by keeping files like graphics, Web pages, cookies etc on your HDD.

Leaving "Clear Temporary Files when your browser is closed" disabled means they are retained - unless you wish to do so.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…