Hissing 6700 Speakers

OU812 15:59 14 Feb 03

Has anyone else experienced noticable hissing from there speakers which unlike with my Hi Fi speakers (which hardly hiss at all)increases as you turn up the volume. Clearly this is masked (but must nevertheless degrade sound quality) when playing music and the like but is annoying when working (or trying too silently).

I have an Augidy 2 soundcard and have tried muting inputs such as Mic and line In but this makes no difference (as recommended by PC World). I also run the speakers power from a different power socket than that used for the rest of my PC.
(in an attempt to minimise any interferance been caused by other power cables).

Any ideas or alternative speaker set ups that can be suggested (maybe these are just too low fi and I have been expecting too much).

OU812 02:20 18 Apr 04

Since no one has responded, i'll just add I returned the speakers to PC world and got a full refund and later (at a discounted price of £75-down from £150) brought from the very same a Logitech Z560 set which for PC speakers I am more than happy with

Diodorus Siculus 08:10 18 Apr 04

Seems strange that there was such a hiss; I use the T7700 and have not noticed any such problems.

Stuartli 08:42 18 Apr 04

You were either picking up some form of interference, had the speakers connected to the wrong output socket(s), the output level to the speakers too low or your sound card is just not good enough, perhaps due to a poor signal to noise ratio.

Stuartli 08:48 18 Apr 04

The Creative sound card should be more than adequate (just noticed you mention the make and model number), so it's most likely to be down to a low output to the speakers somewhere so that they can't give of their best.

NGE 10:31 18 Apr 04

hi, my speakers use to hiss but then i found out it was my mic interfering, when i muted it the hiss was gone.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…