Hikjacked Home page..

madzad 10:11 22 Sep 04

Hi
I have recently reformated and everything is OK apart from my homepage being hi jacked by: click here

I have run the free online prog HS remove as suggested in this months PC Advisor, but thats not helped. All searches in the C drive and turning off sytem restore, rebooting have not worked.. I am using Norton as my AV protection but it doesnt seem to find anything.

Help, please

Steve UK

Simon_P 10:16 22 Sep 04

Download install and run

click here

plsndrs3 10:16 22 Sep 04

Use Spybot S&D & Adaware - both are, I think, on the coverdisk. Would also suggest Startpageguard click here to stop it being altered in the future.

This is a hijacker & A/V do not pick it up.

Paul

VoG II 10:19 22 Sep 04

Try CWShredder click here Ad-aware click here
and Spybot click here

madzad 11:18 22 Sep 04

Thanks Guys..

Have installed spybot and I shall see if that works, I shall also drop Pest control for now so the two dont clash.

Cheers
Steve UK

madzad 15:44 14 Oct 04

Thanks, I installed spybot but ever since installing it I have adverts popping up that are getting through SP2 and a few other pop up killers.

A friend sugguested that Spy bot allows adverts though that they OK. Is this true and can anyone shed some light on these ads.

Thanks, Steve.

SANTOS7 15:55 14 Oct 04

click here Trouble is spyware progs let spyware onto your PC, you scan ,it detects,you get rid of it, the link will actually stop it getting on to your pc keep it updated and it will go a long way to keeping your PC spyware free,good luck.........

VoG II 15:59 14 Oct 04

Are these Messenger Service pop-ups? click here

G&T 17:08 14 Oct 04

I also had problem with my homepage being highjacked. I had (and still have)ad-aware installed but the problem seemed to be with ad-watch. Looking at the highjack it was always showing "*****/use blank" (which was my homepage. I found that uninstalling ad-watch cured the problem. I have tried re-installing it several times but the result is the same.

madzad 00:26 15 Oct 04

Thanks Santos, have installed spyware blaster, VoG, it wasnt the messenger pop ups, I had that one licked sometime ago, but thanks again tho. Thanks also to G&T, Hope you find something that works soon. Cheers all.

Steve

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…