hijacker playing havoc

wesparmalee 18:34 27 Apr 04

Can anyone please help with the following.I have the Cool Web Search hijacker on my PC which is playing havoc with my system.Firstly my homepage was changed to About:Blank,which was annoying,but i could live with if pushed.Now it seems that after trying to remove the damn thing with three different programs,it just will not go away.I first started with Adaware,then CWSshredder,and Spybot.They all seem to pinpoint the problem,and say it's been removed,but as soon as i re-boot,it's back yet again.Also today i received a message telling me that my virtual memory was running low.It seems as though i have something like 56,0000k running in Explorer,after running the task manager.Could this be connected to this hijacker,in that it could be filling my hard disc with rubbish?Please can anyone help?

Lionheart ? 18:54 27 Apr 04

Look at this thread click here

Legolas 18:57 27 Apr 04

go and search for coolsearch in 'start/search' delete any instances found. Then go to start/run and type regedit when the registry opens search it for coolsearch and delete any instances-you would be advised to back-up the registry before doing this- When you have done this go to start/run and type msconfig click on the start-up tab and untick any instances of reg32 or reg33.

I should have said before doing any of this turn of your system restore if you are running XP or ME

When finished reboot.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…