pat2068 21:03 11 Jun 04

everytime i run pestscan i get told it has found CWS.Google MS.3 - hijacker i haves searched in windows explorer and cannot find it i dont use google toolbar can anyone tell me what it is and do i need to worry about it my comp seems to be running fine thanks leo

VoG II 21:06 11 Jun 04

Run CWShredder click here

pat2068 21:19 11 Jun 04

have run CWShredder spybot and adaware and all is clear with them it tells but pestscan even tells me where it is in the registry how can i get rid of this leo

VoG II 21:24 11 Jun 04

Start, Run, type in

and click OK.

*Before you do anything else* File/Export to save a copy of the registry somewhere convenient like the desktop. In the unlikely event that things go wrong, double-click the backup to restore the registry.

In the left hand pane click to expand the keys to locate the item that you want, click on it and it should appeat in the right hand pane. Click on it to highlight it and press the Delete key. If prompted, click OK to confirm.

Exit (X) the registry editor and restart your PC.

pat2068 21:24 11 Jun 04

i have found it in the registry but is it ok to delete it from there or will i cause problems thanks leo

pat2068 21:33 11 Jun 04

thanks vog deleted it from the registry rescaned and it is gone leo

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…