//some 3rd party need geo

Hijacked web browser

El jimbo 20:44 14 Jul 04

Gents, I have a serious problem. Something has hijacked my explorer. The intensity of the problem varies. At the moment I am using a cafe computer because mine is unusable. Whichever site I try to go to, I get sent to this search engine; it's in blue writing and lists various interests eg shopping, holidays etc.
I've run the latest version of Nortons, makes no difference. I've run spybot and ad ware. Help.

sidecar sid 20:51 14 Jul 04

What"search engine"are you being sent to?

El jimbo 21:11 14 Jul 04

I'm not sure if I've used the right phrase. It's a web page. On the address it has c:\\ a file that is in documents and files\local settings. I cant find it. The address ends 'plus poll mp3.htm, if that means anything.

El jimbo 19:59 16 Jul 04

A file called plus poll .mp3 is responsible. I can't find it's entry in the registry. I may have to reformat my machine, I hope not. The moment I wipe out plu poll, the hijack web page dissappears, but I then get a can't find server message, until the registry entry recreates it.

Lionheart ? 20:15 16 Jul 04

Have you tried SpywareBlaster click here

Nellie2 20:36 16 Jul 04

It sounds to me as if you have one of the new variants of coolweb hijack... they are very difficult to remove and coolwebshredder can't touch them. Please check your email!

Jackcoms 20:38 16 Jul 04

Lionheart ?

SpywareBlaster won't help if the PC is already infected - it's designed to prevent infect.

El Jimbo

Go to click here and try CW Shredder and any others you think appropriate

El jimbo 15:50 23 Jul 04

Resolved by Nellie2 at pcroom.tk\ using hijackthis free download.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…