hijacked internet access?

tmr 10:56 07 Apr 04

I recently checked the internet usage on my Tiscali "Anytime" account and found numerous entries of access to my account claiming to be from from my home telephone number during the night and early hours of the morning at times when my computer is always turned off and not even connected to the power supply.
Is it possible for an outside party to gain access to my account from another source and hijack my internet access in this way?
If so how do I stop it?

MichelleC 11:11 07 Apr 04

Part of this problem was covered by Watchdog last night. It could be down to downloaded trojans (or diallers) accessing premium rate isp's while disconnecting you from your own isp click here , although I don't know how it's done when you're not even connected.

rawprawn 11:14 07 Apr 04

If your computer is not connected to the mains I see no way that it can dial up. You haven't any errant children have you ?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…