Hijacked IE homepage

john-232317 15:58 10 Nov 06

Hi guys my daughter win xp pc has been taken over by IEsecurepage . com, AVG shows no problem and everytime I try to download other scan stuff it blocks the download and tells me to download spyheal, pest trap, system doctor crap etc. Tried a sys restore but has blocked that also.
Any ideas ?
TIA john

ACOLYTE 16:04 10 Nov 06

This isnt free but there is a trial version that may remove it click here

HTH

anskyber 16:32 10 Nov 06

You may not want to read this but it is a guide followed by someone who has had the same problem.

click here

Jackcoms 20:30 10 Nov 06

Download and run click here

john-232317 07:22 11 Nov 06

Thanks for the help guys, Looks like a hijack this job when I get a chance. I have tried AVG, AVG antispyware, A squared, and spybot. Found loads of crap but its still there.
Thanks john

SLAYER 08:08 11 Nov 06

Have a look here,similar to anskyber.

click here

VoG II 08:14 11 Nov 06

I think you are right this is a job for HJT click here and please post your log on the MWR forum click here

cowgirl66 08:35 11 Nov 06

click here This may help.

Bogbrain 16:15 25 Apr 07

I would just like to say what an amazing responce from anskyber - that guys daughter of dadyassa has only herself to blame it seems for bringing such woe upon herself simply by not installing a firewall of any sort not even the XP one which is rubbish anyway. When will people ever learn even the most basic simple and often free precautions they need to take to make homeuser pc's safe and secure online? Don't answer that it was a purely rhetorical question.
She should think herself lucky online forums are available to sort out such cockups 'cos god knows what it would have cost her or her dad to get it fixed by even a competant pc engineer. I hope she's learnt her lesson.

john-232317 18:24 29 Apr 07

Boy you sure live up to your name BOGBRAIN. She has a router with a firewall and also a software firewall.

Instead of talking rubbish a bit of help may come in usefull.

john-232317 18:28 29 Apr 07

Thanks for the help guys, it only shows on IE, she has downloaded Opera and that is fine, when I get a chance I will get over and check it out for her.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…