Hijacked Email

RegScriv 21:38 PM 13 May 13

Is there any way of cleaning or removing the hijacker from a hijacked email address that will enable continued use of that email address. Or is the only solution to cancel that email address and take out another one. This would be a real problem for someone who runs a business

Woolwell 22:30 PM 13 May 13

Changing the password to a difficult one normally gets rid of a hijacker. But ones that purport (spoof) to come from an email address but are from somewhere else, usually a spammer, are more difficult. I have found the Hotmail, yahoo and to a much lesser extent gmail are prone to hijacks. I have 6 email addresses and have not found my domain one (similar to a business) to have been hijacked and have only had a small problem with a gmail one which was quickly sorted by a password change. I have not had any problems with the other but I am careful where I post email addresses. For surveys, etc it is useful to have a throwaway one.

Taff™ 00:44 AM 14 May 13

I have had 4 BT/Yahoo accounts (Clients, Not mine) hacked within the last 24 hours.

onthelimit1 08:56 AM 14 May 13

Likewise - see this thread. Problems is, sometimes the facility to reset the password is blocked requiring a call to BT.

RegScriv 09:35 AM 14 May 13

Ok guys, thanks for your feedback. Changing the password is worth a try.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Rugby World Cup 2015 online: Watch live, catch up on-demand & stream the 2015 Rugby…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to watch Adobe Max 2015: See Adobe unveil new Creative Cloud features for Photoshop,…

Live Photo tips: How to take Live Photos on the iPhone 6s, how to view, share, edit and find Live…