hijacked browser??

ady347 18:49 11 Jan 10

hi,
i tried installing firefox and had problems with it so removed it. now when i search on google and type "facebook" fdor examply, it brings up the search results and i click the facebook link but it takes me to a completly different website. business site.... something, it does it whatever i try searching for on google. i had super anti spyware installed and it finds a tracing cookie when i do a search, i quarantined it but it has made no difference, is their any other software i could install, i used to have avg on my old computer but as my download speed is soooo slow i wanted to see if their was a alternative.
many thanks for any replies.

MAJ 18:56 11 Jan 10

Try running a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (Mbam). click here

mfletch 18:57 11 Jan 10

Download the free version of this and do a quick scan

Let it remove what it finds

MBAM/ Malwarebytes/ Antimalware click here

GaT7 19:07 11 Jan 10

In addition, I would also run HijackThis (HT) click here, & post the resultant log in any ONE dedicated HT forum - click here for a list (see left column).

You can also use the log it produces to do a quick DIY HT analysis via click here. Do NOT manually remove anything on your own - ask for help on one of those forums. G

ady347 19:12 12 Jan 10

hi, thanks for all the quick responses, i started by downloading malwarebytes, it did a scan found 5 threats, and so far so good!!! so cheers for everyones advice, you have been really helpful.

Technotiger 19:23 12 Jan 10

Used to have? So what Anti-Virus doyou now have? If none, I suggest you install the Free Microsoft Security Essentials click here this will run happily alongside the other security programs, already suggested above.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…