Hijacked?

JennJenn105 03:52 18 Sep 10

I have Windows XP Professional SP3 and noticed the other day that when I go into Program Files on the "C" drive; and have the folder view set to "Thumbnails" there are album covers on the folders. These album covers are on the "E" drive (where I keep my extensive music collection) These pictures are totally irrelevant as to what is in the folders on the "C" drive. For example: in my Program Files most of the folders have the album cover for Deftones - Change (In the House of Flies). Anyone have an explination as to HOW this happened? And WHY when I change everything back the way it's supposed to be, it won't stay? As soon as I restart my PC the thumbnails are right back?!

Thanks,
Jenn

citadel 19:04 18 Sep 10

hijackthis can find spyware. read instuctions before using.

Graphicool1 19:10 18 Sep 10

You could try a 'System restore' to back before you first noticed it.

rdave13 19:14 18 Sep 10

Could be a program you use to file your music collection? Have a look in what's your default programs. Can't remember where it is in XP though.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…