Hijack vendetta

maddison 19:04 07 Mar 05

Help

I am in a vendetta with a browser hijacker. I am running XP, which is an upgraded to my win 98 pentium III PC.
I am on broadband with wanadoo but I ca no longer browse the net as it keeps opening up the same page 'click here'.

I have ran Hijack this, Spybot, CWshredder, adaware and got nowhere. I have identified two files on the hijack lod which I have deleted but the keep resetting themselves. I have switched off system restore.

The funny thing is that I sometimes get around 4 mins on the wanadoo page before it jumps to the page above. Also my home page has not al;tered anywhere?

great1 19:07 07 Mar 05

A long shot try deleting said files in safe mode

Jeffers22 19:32 07 Mar 05

As great1 has said. Run the hijackthis fix in safe mode. Only this afternoon I got rid of a browser hijack that way, after a couple of goes in normal mode did not succeed. AVG spotted it, but only temporarily got rid. Spybot, Adaware and A squared all saw nothing.

Hijackthis in safe mode did the trick.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…