Hijack This is not fixing the problem!

totty102 14:49 20 Jun 04

Ive come home for the summer to find my mum's computer (win98 very old slow thing!) riddled with spyware. I am familiar with spybot and most of the other prgrams and seem to have helped to fix it. Found 4 trojans which have been successfully removed etc.

However, there are still a few problems. There is a program called Bird Phone Logo which has manifested itself into the ctrl, alt, del bit and I have used Hijack This to get rid of it. I delete it etc but it pops up again etc. If I post the log could someone help me.

Another browser hijack is look2me.com You can be quietly browsering and be plagued with pop ups all over the place. I have tried goggle to be told that its so crafty in that it recognises when its been uninstalled and installs itself again. I have used Bazooka and it says there is an uninstaller but its not working.

Any help is appreciated. Cheers!!

VoG II 14:51 20 Jun 04

Follow these instructions for posting a HJT log click here

Look2me removal click here (do this first).

totty102 15:02 20 Jun 04

Thanks but the look2me uninstaller is coming up as a restricted site and warning comes up that my security settings do not allow me to download from this site. Ive gone to tools and internet options and security and changed the restriction to low but its not working

totty102 15:04 20 Jun 04

its ok its working sorry!!! Downloaded uninstaller. Watch this space!!

VoG II 15:06 20 Jun 04

Can you try using the manual removal instructions?

VoG II 15:07 20 Jun 04

Doh! Didn't watch, did I :o(

totty102 16:47 22 Jun 04

Look2me uninstaller was very uncooperative. The serial numbers do not seem to work and I can only access it twice a day. Tried manual removal instructions but still gettin pop ups although less frequent

Daz35 16:52 22 Jun 04

You could install the google tool bar to help stop pop-ups click here

SANTOS7 16:54 22 Jun 04

click here this may help

totty102 16:55 22 Jun 04

Thanks already got the google bar and yahoo.
Trying to post my hijack log but I think its over the word count

VoG II 16:57 22 Jun 04

Do it in two halves.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…