hijack

Kingfisher 15:22 21 Oct 06

lokks like my homepage has been hijacked by click here it gaves a fake alert about compuetr being infected and suggest to download some software,which I didn't do.
I have run spwsweeper it amongst others id found adware"virus fakealert" I have quarrantined this but on my next sweep it finds it again. how can I get my homepage back thankyou

anskyber 15:24 21 Oct 06

Your "click here" is not working for me.

Kingfisher 15:33 21 Oct 06

sorry anskyber the hijack is safeiepage.com

VoG II 15:36 21 Oct 06

Try this click here

anskyber 15:41 21 Oct 06

This suggests its a recent nasty whch is kiilable throught AdAware Se or Spybot S and D click here

anskyber 15:43 21 Oct 06

Sorry about the typos, new keyboard needed.

Kingfisher 18:05 21 Oct 06

Thanks to all who replied solved the problem with link from VoG downloaded spynomore it found zlob virus plus dodgy video compression codecs,had to buy product but it removed thr dodgy items and homepage is now ok.But cant understand why avg internet security suite (on trial) today didn't find and clean them.I have just ditched Norton2007 it trashed my pc not impressed with Avg any recommedations for a good security suite would be welcome

anskyber 18:18 21 Oct 06
  VoG II 18:20 21 Oct 06

Hmm - I can't see any mention of Spynomore on the link that I posted. It is regarded as dodgy click here but at least you are sorted. I meant for you to try the manual removal method.

Kingfisher 13:46 22 Oct 06

sorry VoG had a real bad two days sorting my pc out, must have got the link from elsewhere, are you saying that spynomore is considered dodgy it is an illysoft product,and it did sort my pc out, do you advise against using it?, once again sorry for inferring that you recommended that site

VoG II 14:03 22 Oct 06

It is considered dodgy in that it uses false detections to prompt people to buy it. It doesn't do anything more nasty than that as far as I know so know you've bought it you may as well keep it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…