Highlighting with touchpad, how?

Miss Happy 17:41 28 Apr 05

Sorry to be so thick, but as a complete novice using a touchpad on Medion mid2030 laptop and w xp sp2, I dont know how to highlight things to either (in otherwords, right click if using a mouse), to then access the richt click options. I need it to open webpages in another window or close progs in taskbar. I am at a loss!
Thanks.

Tycho 17:59 28 Apr 05

If there are two buttons near the touch pad these will act in the same way as the left and right mouse buttons with the touch pade used for moving the pointer. this means that it is a two handed job to drag over the text to highlight it while you are holding down the left button.

T

jdb 18:07 28 Apr 05

Agree with above but after a while you might find using the keyboard easier. Move cursor to the first point you wish to highlight and tap - hold down "Shift" and press the right arrow button and the next letter will be highlighted. You may also try holdong "Control" or "Cmd" (if you have a Mac) as well as "Shift" and that will highlight words. Use Down arrow as well and whole lines will be highlighted.
Good luck

Miss Happy 18:22 28 Apr 05

Thanks both of you - I fly off down the page if I tap pad then hold down shift even for a split second! I would put ordinary mousy in but read other probs from posts where other people have done that! I will open up an office prog and play around for a while to acustom myself with it. I still have no idea how to get the normal righ click menus I would get if using a mouse. I cannot close progs in bottom tray because they wont pop-up when clicked.
Thanks

Miss Happy 11:44 29 Apr 05

Found 2x new button, how could I have been so stupid...sorry!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…