High speed USB 2.0 port !!!

CutNpaste 16:12 17 Jan 05

Hi folks,

Just built a pc with a ASUS p5p800 MOBO. Eerythings set up but when i plug my external HDD to the USB port, a balloon pops up with a message saying that this drive can perform faster if connected to a high speed USB 2.0 port.

Isnt the USB 2.0 the fastest of usb's or am i misssing something. Cos my mobo is fairly new.

georgemac 16:23 17 Jan 05

your board is usb enabled - but have you loaded the usb drivers for your motherboard - although I thought xp would have default drivers for this

are you running xp?

drivers are available click here

if you go to device manager anc check the usb controller one of the items should say enhanced usb controller - if enhanced usb controller is not listed then you will need the drivers

GANDALF <|:-)> 16:26 17 Jan 05

There are 3 sorts of USB 2click here .

However I don't think that you will notice any differnce in HD transfer speeds unless you are moving 40Gb at a time.

CutNpaste 01:46 18 Jan 05

th edrivers wernt even installed, so in device manager i updated the driver and Hurraah it works now.

Cheers guys

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…