High Ping

Hi Guys

My Ping is very high i have had intermitant problems laying CS:S and call of duty online the ping stated is 950 max ping and i fail at that what can i do to reduce it

Win XP Pro
2 x 256mb Ultra 68000 GTs NVidia
2 gb Ram
AMD Athlon 64 bit 2.41 GHz
Linksys ADSL gateway routher with 4 port Switch WAG54G

961 09:15 03 Jun 06

In looking for the reason for a much higher ping rate than normal I discovered that moving to BT max, up to 8Mb, involved among other things a raising of the ping rate to help the stability of the higher rate connection

My ISP told me that this was to some extent a trade off in return for the stability of the higher speed on a long line

I've been happy to live with it in return for a 6 times increase in line speed but I agree that it could be difficult with games

If you have had an increase inspeed using this system it may be worth contacing your ISP

I am in the process with BT since tuesday i think up to 8mb if poss still awating litariture

Spoke to BT was advised there is nothing they can do to reduce the ping and advised to contact game vendor which i feel is irrelevant as game works fine until playing a multiplaer game via diff servers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…