High Ambient Temperature

johnincrete 09:00 10 Jun 09

Here in Crete we are into the 40deg C range.
I've been here for 3 years and no problem but has anyone any advice for precautions just in case?

Marko797 09:03 10 Jun 09

plenty of sun cream, water, sunglasses, and frequent periods in the shade.

anchor 09:13 10 Jun 09

You must be in a particularly hot area, reports and forecasts indicate temperatures in the high twenties to low thirties.

click here

click here

click here

As a general rule, drink plenty of water, increase your salt intake and try to keep out of the direct sun.

anchor 09:14 10 Jun 09

You must be in a particularly hot area, reports and forecasts indicate temperatures in the high twenties to low thirties.

click here

click here

click here

As a general rule, drink plenty of water, increase your salt intake and try to keep out of the direct sun.

canarieslover 09:19 10 Jun 09

I would guess that you are more concerned about your computer's ability to deal with the heat, rather than your own. Just open the case regularly to clean out any dust and fluff that may cause overheating, with the power off of course. If it really gets hot for long periods then consider fitting additional case fans or use a desk fan directed at the computer.

antec 900/1200 cases lower all temps by about 10 degrees for me, obviously cooling with air is only as good as the air temps. If you are not having any issue just follow canarieslovers advice.
if you have issues, either look at water cooling or i have one of those portatable air conditioning units, quite cheap, near my pc in the summer, but this is mainly for me and not my pc.

anchor 12:07 10 Jun 09

Sorry for the double posting. There was a problem at the PCA end.

If you are referring to your computer perhaps you don`t need to be too concerned. My Cretan friends live & work in Rethymno, and don`t do anything special to cool either their PC or notebook in the summer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…