Hiding a disk

Dorsai 12:19 05 Dec 04

havink just read click here i just wondered if the was any way to hide a drive on a non networked PC running XP home SP2. So that the drive did not show up at all, in open/save boxes etc,

I tried the $ at the end of the drive name but it did not have any effect,

sicknote 12:44 05 Dec 04
  mattyc_92 13:03 05 Dec 04

I have already answered this same problem and here are some of the programs I have suggested to the previous thread for this problem

click here for password protecting drives software and hiding drives

click here for a more powerful software that does virtually the same as the program above

click here for about 20 other titles...

Dorsai 13:16 05 Dec 04

Thanks people. I will give them a gander. I started this thread as the other was about networked PC's, and my PC is not networked, so assumed, incorectly it seems, that the approach would be different.

jg1990 13:35 05 Dec 04

If you are running XP Professional it is possible to do what I suggested in the other thread.

Just open up start>run>gpedit.msc, then follow the instructions in the other thread.

If you are running XP Home I don't think it is possible to hide the drive using group policies.

Regards, James

jg1990 14:04 05 Dec 04

did not read your post thoroughly enough.

It's not possible to hide a drive with XP Home using Group Policy.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…