Hiding desktop icons Win2K.

Mysticnas 15:50 28 Jun 05

Hi all,

Is there a way to hide all desktop icons in Win2K Pro?

Not too important, I'd just like to have a nice clean desktop at work.

Thanks.

Graham ® 16:37 28 Jun 05

Right click to create a new folder, name it unused desktop or whatever (whatever sounds good) and drag the icons into it.

Hamish 20:07 28 Jun 05

In Windows XP Home, right click on an empty part of the desktop, then arrange icons and remove the tick from show desktop items but if you want to see your desktop items right click on an empty part of the toolbar, then toolbars then put a tick against desktop, then you can see the desktop item by clicking on the two little arrows. Hope it works in Pro. Post back one way or the other

Mysticnas 22:55 28 Jun 05

Hamish i know how to do it on XP on my pc at home, but at work we have win2kPro.

So far i haven't been able to find a way to it, and to my knowledge it's not possible. So that's why i'm here :o)

I want all the icons removed, including my computer and waste basket.

Thanks.

SANTOS7 23:04 28 Jun 05

click here
click here
these may help,good luck.....

Mysticnas 12:07 29 Jun 05

Thanks SANTOS, it was in the 1st link about activating active desktop, which isn't in the main desktop properties dialog. You have to go to foler options in control panel and enable web page desktop top or something.

Anyway, it's not going to work here as they've blocked that option. I could edit the registry, but it's a work PC so i don't want to risk it.

Thanks anyway guys, guess i'll have to live with deskop clutter after all.

Nas ;o)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…