Hiding Control Pannel features?

mattyc_92 12:12 05 Aug 05

Hi, I want to "hide" some of the options in the control pannel e.g. "Administrative Tools" from specific users of this system. I know that it can be done as I have used the trial of "WinGuides Tweak Manager", but does anyone know of a free program that can do this?

As usual, thanks in advance

HondaMan 12:21 05 Aug 05

You need a copy of the above. Its a free download from the Microsoft site, but you have to search for it. You can hide anything BUT if you hide the wrong things, control panel itself will disappear and you can't/couldn't get it back without a full re-load. Set a System Restore point before using!

mattyc_92 12:26 05 Aug 05

Cheers for the quick response...

I am doing my weekly backups at the moment, so I will try that tool straigt afterwards....

I will post back the results...

HondaMan 12:34 05 Aug 05

Just checked the download area of this site and there are a couple there to download.

If you don't find a copy of "Send To" (any folder) which came, I think with Twea for Windows 95 let me know and I'll send you a copy. Very useful.

mattyc_92 14:03 05 Aug 05

Downloaded and installed Tweak UI, but can't find the option.

O well, it wasn't really important.

Will tick.

VoG II 14:27 05 Aug 05

With TweakUI click here click on Control Panel in the left hand panel then in the right hand pane untick the ones you don't want to see.

HondaMan 17:04 05 Aug 05

Matty

Here is another link click here

mattyc_92 09:35 06 Aug 05

Thanks for your responses.

That was the link I used to download Tweak UI.

Anyway, I have gave up. It wasn't important, just wanted to block some uers from using things like "Administrative Tools" so that they can't see what user accounts exist on this system...

Thanks again for your interest.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac