"HideDlg" appeared on my PC!!!! What is this?

Loracthims 18:31 05 Mar 10

Hi there

I opened my PC up today and once everything was loaded, and I went to connect to Internet, there was a 'thing' loaded at the bottom of the screen, like an open program, with an icon like a monitor and 'HideDlg' as the name of the program. I couldn't open it or close it. Have no idea what this is.

Googled it and it took me to pages about data corruption but so far I can't see anything wrong.

Any ideas? Is it a virus????

Thanks.

Carol

Technotiger 18:46 05 Mar 10

Virus or not, I would advice you to run your Anti-everything programs as a precaution.

Technotiger 18:48 05 Mar 10

Hope you didn't notice my 'deliberate' typo :-)

lotvic 19:35 05 Mar 10

I think it stands for 'Hide Dialogue'
Have a look in Taskmanager to see if any clues to what's running it in there

birdface 08:42 06 Mar 10

Maybe this,

click here

Loracthims 15:42 23 Apr 10

Hi there

I've run my antivirus a million times and Googled HideDlg extensively. The link that Buteman provided above took me to what might be good info - seems linked to HideDlg Resource DLL - but I have no idea what this is about! Not technically minded at all!!!

Think I'm just going to have to put up with it. It just looks scary!

Any other ideas would be gratefully received as it's appearing more often.

Thanks.

Carol

kevinomema 17:38 25 May 10

What worked for me is i just highlighted and did the ole' hold "alt" key and "f4" at the same time and...badabing badaboom

lotvic 19:20 25 May 10

OH, did your pc explode then?

NoBullMan 14:20 04 Jun 10

hidedlg is a wireless utility application from Rosewill, a newegg.com company branch here across the pond. As these are sourced products, they probably go by many other names as well. The file name is RaUI.exe and you can find it in Program files(x86). It showed up unexpectedly on my PC this morning. Ticked me off that they did not ask permission. Hope that helps.

Acidburn 02:45 23 Aug 10

hidedlg is from Autodesk

hideRes.dll - HIDEDLG Resource DLL File Information

hidedlg Module-File-hideRes.dll-Information File Name: hideRes.dll
Product Name: hidedlg Module
Company Name: Autodesk
HIDEDLG Resource DLL

Company : Autodesk

Product Version: 17.1.51.0
Part Number: 0

Original Filename: hidedlgRes.dll
Internal Filename: HIDEDLGRes.dll
Download: Download hideRes.dll

Product Major Part: 17
Product Minor Part: 1
Product Build Part: 51

File Major Part: 17
File Minor Part: 1
File Build Part: 51

Key: 17.1.51.0
Language: English (United States)

HIDEDLGRes Resource DLL

Copyright (c) 1982-2007 by Autodesk, Inc.
Related Information: Do a Google/Bing Search on "Autodesk products", "hidedlg Module crashing", "Autodesk data Conversion", "Cannot open HIDEDLG Resource DLL ", "Invalid hidedlg Module", "hidedlg Module corrupted", "hideRes.dll download", "hideRes.dll Unrecognized format", Corrupted hideRes.dll File Download, Descargar hideRes.dll

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…