HIDE O/E6 is not installed on re-start

hi all,hope you spot this VOG,install hide oe6-great stuff.
the thing is evry time i restart i have to reinstall it,its settings revert to default even when its put in start-up,ideally i want oe6 to open with this prog,windows messenger is tring to start on boot up (pop-up sighn in window,i keep unchecking it in msconfig,but on startup its back,also disabled in oe6 and Messenger

VoG II 13:32 13 Apr 04

I'm not sure about this.

Try taking the shortcut out of start-up. Then right click the icon in the tray and select Options. Tick "Auto-start with Windows" and see if that fixes it.

ill give it a go,cant shut down yet as im downloading a driver update,ill get back to you
thanks VoG

VoG II 13:47 13 Apr 04

Well, I've just installed it to try out (I don't really need it as I use Outlook for my main e-mail accounts and OE only for Hotmail).

It doesn't remember the settings!

VoG II 18:02 13 Apr 04

After posting the above I uninstalled and reinstalled it. It still didn't "remember" that it was supposed to launch on startup.

I've just rebooted (unconnected with this) and it has started up with all settings "remembered".

any idea what you did VOG

VoG II 21:53 13 Apr 04

Did nothing except as stated above. This is really weird. Just rebooted after installing Windows Update and it has loaded again.

alright dude,tried putting it on disk and loading through add & remove,no joy.
i have noticed messenger trying to start,its unable to as its disabled,but asks for sighn in-retry or cancell,its the only thing i can think of..............fancy a mission

VoG II 22:47 13 Apr 04

Do you actually use Messenger? If not I can help you to get rid of it.

Already on a mission.

Dude - I am not.

not sure i want to remove it cos of its possibilities whem i finally get broadband,ive heard it can be downloaded,so i guess i could remove it for now,only recently formatted drive so im a bit hesitant,do you think it could be the problem-sorry about the dude bit

it seems to start with the pc before anything else

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…