Hide a network

swiss$tony 17:24 05 Feb 09

I have a linksys wireless router and have set up connections, wired to 2 desk top pc's and wireless to 1 desktop,2 laptops, a wii an Archos 604 wifi and an ipod touch . I have some basic protection (I hope)in the form of only my specified mac addresses and WEP enablement and also not broadcasting the network name. I know that WEP is not too secure but I couldn't for the life of me get WPA to work.
My question really is why when doing a search on the ipod for wireless networks(with a free app I downloaded)does the ipod pick up my network,shows a no entry sign, tell me the network name and also that it is hidden and gives me the IP and MAC addresses. I assumed that because I ticked the 'don't broadcast name' in the router set up it wouldn't. I am a little confused to say the least. The ipod also picks up 2 other networks tells me that they are not hidden and also gives IP and MAC addresses and no entry sign.
Should I be worried?
Any advice / comments would be appreciated cheers

swiss$tony 17:14 07 Feb 09

Any comments please

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…